Wednesday 6 July 2011

Empire State of Mind - Past&Future.

Broadway and bacon describe this morning! Despite best efforts to leave early we headed to Times Square where already queues had formed for tickets. This place never does empty, no matter what the time! After going in search of tickets at various theatres we settled for Wicked bacon sandwiches instead.
Construction on the Rockefeller Center began on the 17th May 1930 and was completed on November 1st 1933, thankfully the ride to the top was significantly quicker with the ceiling of the lift displaying images of the building's construction and use. 

The view was simply amazing, so why people were falling asleep on the seats at the top I have no idea!

I was a happy little history geek as we walked Wall Street, the home of the  the stock market crash of October 1929 which plunged the economy into a great depression, lots of cheerfulness here then!

I said hello to Washington. (not quite Preseident Barlett is he!)
We waved to the New York Stock Exchange and I could smell money as we passed Triffanys.
Then I said "What about breakfast at Triffany's?", She said "I think I remember the film!"



We chilled out at Pier 17 and admired the Freedom Tower construction, when finished the (1WTC) One World Trade Center will become the tallest all-office building in the world. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment